- WebRTC gateway 2.1.8-302 is available on ALE MyPortal since September 21.
- Bug fixes:
- Logs management improved.
- mpsystem, mpcheck commands reworked and enhanced
see previous change logs
- Rainbow users need to be granted with either a Business or an Enterprise licenses and a mandatory Enterprise License when connected to a 3rd Party PBX.
- OmniPCX Enterprise PBX needs:
- to run with SW version OmniPCX Enterprise from R12.1 MD2 (M2.300.21.a) & OmniPCX Enterprise R12.2 (M3.402.13.f).
- to be granted with REX licenses per targeted Rainbow user
- to be connected to Rainbow for the Telephony Services
- A Virtual Machine must be set-up to host Rainbow WebRTC Gateway. The VM software is delivered by ALE and requires a VMWARE 6.0 or later or on Hyper-V G1 or G2. The VM has to meet the following minimum requirements that may still change:
- vCPU: 2
- CPU reservation in MHz: 4800
- vRAM: 2GB
- vDISK: 4 GB
- vNIC: 1 GB
- OXO Connect PBX needs:
- to run with latest OXO Connect SW version (R3.2/081.001 ; R4.0/536.001 ; R5.0/045.001 ; R5.1/016.001 or above)
- to run R3.2/081.001 ; R4.0/536.001 ; R5.0/045.001 ; R5.1/016.001 or above to use an OCE Front End as WebRTC gateway
- to be granted with an AnyDevice Terminal per targeted Rainbow user
- to be connected to Rainbow for the Telephony Services
- to have VoIP Channels for the SIP trunk
- For OXO Connect you can also host the Rainbow WebRTC Gateway on a standalone PC. Read the dedicated installation guide for more details. Or on an OCE WebRTC Front End (OCE FE) which is an OCE hardware running only the WebRTC Gateway component. Read the dedicated article for OCE FE configuration through Rainbow.
Details about the the Rainbow offer connected to a OmniPCX Enterprise or OXO Connect/OXO Connect Evolution can be found in following Technical Business Engine presentation.
- 3rd party PBX needs:
- to run with with latest version of Rainbow CTI & Media bridge
- to be connected to Rainbow for the Telephony Services by the the CTI & Media bridge
- to have a SIP trunk connected with the CTI & Media bridge
- See Section CTI & Media bridge for other requirements and supported PBXs
1.2 WebRTC gateway OVF/ISO installation:
1.2.1 Software Download
Since version 1.77.5 Hyper-V is officially supported, see the README.txt file in the WebRTC gateway zip package for installation procedure.
First deploy the OVF file in your vCenter and start the virtual machine (VM) or if connected to an OXO Connect install the ISO file on a standalone PC (installation guide).
Note: The OVF and ISO have been created with a QWERTY keyboard, you may need to change it:
Login with following credentials:
The wizard to change the keyboard will be automatically started, just follow the instructions on the screen to change your keyboard.
You may also access to the same menu by using following commands:
# dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration
# service keyboard-setup restart
For the configuration login with following credentials on the console:
For root commands you must use “sudo”
1.3 WebRTC Gateway configuration
When logged using rainbow account, the configuration is made using the commands mpnetwork [options...] and mpconfig [options...]
mphelp //displays the list of mpXXXXX commands//
mpstart|mpstop|mprestart //start, stop or restart gateway//
mpcheck //checks WebRTC gateway connectivity to Rainbow Cloud//
1.3.1 First Installation:
You need first to configure the Network settings then the WebRTC gateway settings.
By default the Rainbow WebRTC Gateway starts using a DHCP based network setting (DHCP has only to be used with OXO Connect Zero Touch).
Login with the rainbow account to make the configuration.
188.8.131.52 Step 1 - Network configuration
Consult first What Are Rainbow Network Requirements?
The 1st time you have to run the command mpnetwork with the mandatory options IP, NETMASK, GATEWAY and DNS as shown below:
mpnetwork --IP="10.2.3.4" --NETMASK="255.255.255.0" --GATEWAY="10.2.3.254" --DNS="10.2.3.253"
You can also run for this 1st step the mpnetwork command with all options by adding NTP and HOSTNAME
mpnetwork --IP="10.2.3.4" --NETMASK="255.255.255.0" --GATEWAY="10.2.3.254" --DNS="10.2.3.253" --NTP="10.2.3.253" --HOSTNAME="rainbow-mpgw"
optional you can add following options
In case you need to update the configuration each command can be executed separately
mpnetwork --IP="10.2.3.4" // your new ip address of the VM //
mpnetwork --GATEWAY="10.2.3.254" // your gateway //
mpnetwork --DNS="10.2.3.253" // your DNS //
For 2 DNS use following command mpnetwork --DNS="10.2.3.253","10.2.3.252"
mpnetwork --IP=dhcp // if you want to switch IP config to DHCP mode (only with OXO Connect Zero Touch) //
you may also use
184.108.40.206 Step 2 - Configure the WebRTC Gateway:
The 1st time you have to run the command with the mandatory options PBX_DOMAIN and PBXID as shown below:
mpconfig --PBX_DOMAIN="10.2.3.5" --PBXID="PBXa1b1-2wxy-3c3d-6789-4e4f-g556-7h89-10i9"
PBX_DOMAIN= is your OXE/OXO ip address
PBXID= is your OXE/OXO pbxid in Rainbow
With this new option the WebRTC gateway uses 2 TURN servers to establish the calls.
- In case of upgrade we recommend to run following command:
- For a new installation the TURN option is default GEOIP.
optional you can use FQDN instead of IP Addresses
- PBX_DOMAIN can be an FQDN (in this case the DNS used by the WebRTC Gateway must resolve this FQDN)
- In case of spatial redundancy from OXE Call servers, the PBX_DOMAIN must contain the node name configured in netadmin, section 17. 'Node configuration'. This FQDN must be resolved by the DNS through a DNS delegation to the OXE system.
mpconfig --TURN_PORT="3478" Choose the TURN server by replacing abx with the value of the TURN server that is the nearest to your location. List of TURN servers can be found in the document attached to the article What Are Rainbow Network Requirements?
220.127.116.11 Step 3 - Check configuration
Once the server has restarted you can run the command mpcheck to check the connectivity to Rainbow Cloud.
18.104.22.168 Config files
Once you have executed both scripts mpnetwork and mpconfig you can check the configuration in following file /etc/rainbow-mp.cfg.
This is a summary of the parameters that will be used to configure the VM and the 3 services of the WebRTC gateway.
22.214.171.124 Change network settings to DHCP (Only with OXO Connect Zero Touch)
run the command:
optional you can add a proxy
After the modification reboot the server with the command sudo reboot
2 PBX Configuration
2.1 OminiPCX Enterprise configuration:
Please consult TC2462.
2.2 OXO Connect / OXO Connect Evolution
Please consult TC2479.
3 Rainbow Configuration:
3.1 Equipement configuration
For the OmniPCX Enterprise or OXO Connect connected to the WebRTC Gateway you'll have to select the option "Activate the WebRTC gateway"
3.2 Users Configuration
Each user needs to be granted with either a Business or an Enterprise license
And the Rainbow account must be associated to his PBX phone
for troubleshooting please read the troubleshooting guide