This article allows resellers to define the type of WebRTC gateway (internal or external) in Rainbow Office equipment. In case the WebRTC gateway is external, it must be deployed on NUC/PC or VM, and also configured locally (see: WebRTC gateway installation guide).
- The Rainbow Office equipment must have been associated to WebRTC gateway on Rainbow (see: Associating a Rainbow Office equipment to a customer company).
- The Rainbow Office equipment must be deployed and connected to Rainbow. Its status must display Running (green color) in the equipment list (Comm. Servers tab).
To configure a WebRTC gateway associated to a Rainbow Office equipment:
- From the Rainbow administration interface, click on Customer companies at the bottom of the left panel.
- In the customer list, click on the name of the customer company associated to the target Rainbow Office equipment.
- In the left panel, click on Communication.
- In the right part of the window, click on the Comm. Servers tab.
- Click on the name of the Rainbow Office equipment.
- Go to General > Settings:
- In the WebRTC gateway frame, select one of the following:
- Internal: The WebRTC gateway embedded in the Rainbow Office equipment will be used for Rainbow VoIP call handling.
- External: An external WebRTC gateway will be used for Rainbow VoIP call handling.
- If External is selected, you can modify its default IP address and the number of allocated voice channels.
- Click on Apply to validate your selection.
Refresh the page where the equipment is listed, and verify that the connection status for WebRTC gateway is Running.
To have a complete view of the WebRTC gateway connection status, move your mouse over the equipment, click on and select Manage connection.
A detailed view of the WebRTC gateway connection status (including its version) is displayed.