This article allows company administrators to configure manager/assistant groups in a Cloud PBX.
A manager/assistant group consists of one manager and one or several assistants. The manager and assistants can:
- Activate delegation: the manager does no longer receive phone calls: they are managed by available assistants in the group
- Deactive delegation: the manager receives and answers phone calls
Delegation can be activated even if there is no available assistant in the group.
Call distribution is based on serial search: the search starts with the manager, and continues with assistants in the order in which they are listed in the group.
Configuration of manager/assistant groups is performed from the group management window: see: Accessing the group management window.
From the group management window, you can:
- Grant manager and assistants the right to manage group settings (i.e. administrator role)
- Manage the destination of call overflow on busy and on no answer. The destination can be a company member, a hunt group, an internal or public number, a voice prompt, an Automated Attendant or a voice mail
- Authorize/forbid the last assistant to withdraw from the manager/assistant group. When forbidden, the last assistant is warned he/she cannot withdraw from the manager/assistant group
- Configure call recording for the manager/assistant group
Customize voice prompts when the destination of call overflow on busy or no answer is a voice mail
Warning: The default voice prompts cannot be downloaded for archive. After customization, it is no more possible to switch back to the default voice prompts.
- Analyze manager/assistant group activity (number of incoming, answered and missed calls) of the last 28 days and download a group activity report in csv file: see article: Analyze hunt group activity as company administrator
Any company member with an internal extension number and a telephone device can be configured as manager or assistant.
Accessing the group management window
- From the Rainbow administration interface, click on Manage your company at the bottom of the left panel.
- In the MY COMPANY panel, click on My company.
- In the left panel, click on Communication.
- In the right part of the window, click on the Groups tab.
Creating a manager/assistant group
- From the group management window, click on Create.
- Review/modify the following parameters:
Name Enter the name of the manager/assistant group Type Select Hunt group Subtype Select Manager / Assistant Distribution Configure the timer for overflow to another assistant of the group (10 seconds by default) Internal number Select the internal extension number of the manager/assistant group among listed available numbers Public number Select the public number of the manager/assistant group among listed available public numbers
- Optionally, select the Lock the last member (no empty group) check box to forbid the last assistant to withdraw from the manager/assistant group.
- Click on Next.
- To add the manager, enter the first letters of his/her name or email address. A list of matching entries appears allowing you to select the member of your choice.
- To add assistants, enter the first letters of their name or email address. A list of matching entries appears allowing you to select the member of your choice.
- Click on Apply.
The manager/assistant group is created and displayed in the group list.
Managing a manager/assistant group
- From the group management window, click on the target manager/assistant group and select the Members tab.
- Perform any of the following:
- To grant a manager or assistant the right to manage group settings: in Roles column, click on the down arrow in front of the target member and select Manager & Administrator or Assistant & Administrator.
- To remove an assistant (the manager cannot be removed): click on in front of the target assistant.
- To add an assistant: enter the first letters of the member name or email address and select the member of your choice in the list of matching entries.
- Select the Information tab.
- Select/unselect Lock the last member (no empty group).
- In the Activate call recording field, select the calls that will be recorded: All calls, External calls only, or Internal calls only, or select None to disable call recording for the manager/assistant group.
- Configure the Destination type of call overflow on busy and no answer.
- If Member is selected, enter the first letters of the name or email address of target company member. A list of matching entries appears allowing you to select the member of your choice.
Note: Only company members configured with an extension number can be selected as destination of call overflow.
- If Voice prompt is selected, select either the voice prompt configured by default, or a customized voice prompt if available: see article: Customize voice prompts.
- Click on Apply.
Customizing voice prompts for call overflow on voice mail
- From the group management window, click on the target manager/assistant group and select the Voicemail prompts tab.
- From the voice prompt configuration panel, click on Browse and select the wav file to upload.
- In the Voice prompt field, select the voice prompt type.
- Click on Upload.
The customized voice prompt is displayed in the list with Customized type and active status ().
Deleting a manager/assistant group
- From the group management window, click on in front of the target manager/assistant group, and select Remove group.
- Click on Remove.
The manager/assistant group is deleted from the group list.