This article provides technical requirements to connect Rainbow clients, Rainbow Server and PBX to deliver Rainbow services.
For your information, please find attached the new edition 17, along with a file marking diffs with previous version, for easing spotting the delta.
As marked in history, main changes are:
- Intro of Rainbow Voice
- Intro of Rainbow Room
- Updated bandwidth section including mulit-cast
- Various improvement in flows tables to better highlith the mapping of use cases to flows
- Various clarifications related to proxy, to WebRTC config for proxy, following several field feedbacks
The Rainbow solution provides multiple client-side applications to connect to the service:
- A Web-based Qt-contained Desktop application for Windows and OSX,
- A Web application for Chrome/Firefox browsers,
- An iOS native application,
- An Android native application,
- An Agent to connect the PBX (can be integrated with the PBX),
- A WebRTC Gateway to establish multimedia calls between PBX and Rainbow.
All applications aim at providing the same level of services and features and interact with server-side components the following way:
- Through HTTPS (443) for all REST API communications and resources loading,
- Through secure Web Sockets (WSS, 443) for all XMPP messages and notifications,
- Through DTLS and SRTP with or without STUN/TURN for WebRTC-based audio/video media
Your Rainbow Teams