What is Rainbow Telephony for Microsoft Teams ?
It is a Rainbow solution integrated in Microsoft Teams for managing ALE telephony to make and receive calls.
Rainbow Telephony for Microsoft Teams is available on Windows and Mac.
Customers who use Rainbow Telephony for Microsoft Teams can also use Rainbow Android/iOS in telephony mode only (not integrated in Microsoft Teams for smartphone).
What’s new in Rainbow Telephony for Microsoft Teams (new version - V3)
- Bidirectional presence synchronization between Microsoft Teams and Rainbow.
- Smartapp associated to Rainbow Telephony for Microsoft Teams (old version - V2) is now replaced by the default Rainbow Desktop application with complete new call screen to enable enhanced telephone functions.
- UI has been completely redesigned.
The old version needs to be uninstalled first:
- in Microsoft Teams, uninstall the Add-in.
- on the PC, install the Desktop application (it will automatically replace the Smartapp used with old version v2).
- in Microsoft Teams, install the new Add-in.
Install Rainbow Desktop application; you can download it from HERE.
Install Rainbow Telephony for Microsoft Teams add-in downloaded from HERE (or available on Microsoft Teams App sources).
If you use the zip file you must import it in Microsoft Teams :
- select "Apps" in the left column
- select at the bottom "Manage you apps
- In the new screen select "Upload an App"
- and then select "Upload a customized App" and browse to the zip file.
In the attached presentation you'll find more details for the installation procedure depending of the users rights on the PC or the way Software is deployed on the company PCs or within Microsoft Teams .
Useful links for the installation
- On user side you need to grant the user account with a Business/Enterprise or Voice Business/Voice Enterprise license.
- Modify user permissions for the Telephony profile.
- Associate the user's Rainbow account with a PBX device (for VoIP features, the PBX needs to be connected to a WebRTC gateway).
- To match the target usage of the Rainbow Telephony for Microsoft Teams it is recommended to apply a Rainbow "Telephony"profile to the user's account.
- Do not use the Rainbow web application in parallel to Rainbow Desktop application, currently the Rainbow Telephony for Microsoft Teams will also detect the web application as Rainbow client but it will not work as expected.
- Do not have for the same user 2 Desktop applications running at the same time on 2 different PCs.
- Problem with presence synchronization: when Rainbow's presence is manually changed to DND, Microsoft Teams presence is changed to "In a call"; this is not the expected behavior, Microsoft Teams presence should stay online (or the one defined by Microsoft Teams) and should not be changed to "In a call".
- In case of a network disconnection the Rainbow Telephony for Microsoft Teams may lose synchronisation with the Desktop application. Changing from one tab to another or clic on the refresh button should reestablish the connection.
- The new Rainbow Telephony for Microsoft Teams is not compatible with the Microsoft Teams "Pop out app" option.
Before collecting logs you'll need to set the correct Log level, please consult the dedicated troubleshooting article to know how to activate and download the logs.