To take benefit of the Microsoft Teams Connector, you have to follow these 2 steps:
- Install the "Smart App" (a dedicated desktop application) on you PC.
- Add the "Power App" to your Teams account.
Install the dedicated desktop application (Smart App):
Please download and install the application C2C Teams Extension • Smart-app available here:
Note : you can only have one Rainbow Desktop application installed on your computer. You have to choose between the standard Desktop application or the Rainbow Smart App for MS Teams.
Add the Power App to your Microsoft Teams account
- Click on the "Apps" tab on the left menu of Teams.
- In the menu, choose "Built for your Organization".
- Then click on the "Rainbow Telephony" card.
- Choose to add this "Power App" to Teams clicking on " Add".
- Rainbow Telephony is now available in the left menu of Microsoft Teams.
- Click on "Sign in" to link your Rainbow account to your Microsoft Teams application.
- Use your Rainbow credentials and authorize the "Power App" to access to your Rainbow account.
- You can now take benefit of your Rainbow telephony feature directly from Microsoft Teams!
- Don't forget to pin the Rainbow "Power App" in the left menu.
I'm looking for some more information on the implementation of the connector in a large international organization where only 1 site will be using the Teams connector (other sites use different PABX systems)
The link mentioned in this article seems to be broken
Does anyone have the updated link to this article?
I tried to follow your link, but as you mention it is broken indeed.
What were you looking for exactly?
if you are looking for a way to restrict the use of the teams plugin for only a small group of users instead of the whole company, I assume you have to take care of this in the Microsoft environment. using some policies effecting those users only.
For the implementation of the plugin it looks straight forward,and works right away.
Please sign in to leave a comment.