The Rainbow MS Dynamics connector (Rainbow CRM Bridge) will add real time communication and collaboration capabilities to the customer MS Dynamics CRM Cloud instance by integrating the company telephony system and MS Dynamics.
The Rainbow CRM Bridge acts as a middleware that connects third party CRMs e.g. ServiceNow, MS Dynamics 365 etc. with ALE Rainbow.
Rainbow CRM Bridge is hosted in ALE Cloud and works inside third party CRMs as an integrated component. It fetches Rainbow contacts information and provides functionality that majorly includes conversations, fetching CRM contact information on incoming calls, dialing out CRM contacts, audio - video calls and calls history.
The Rainbow CTI connector will deliver the following features to the CRM user:
- Contact/Incident Screen pop-up (auto search, contact search and display)
- VoIP calling (to PBX extensions, to public phone numbers)*
- Any device (choose and control any phone)*
- ALE Business phone control (with single call management)
- Chat with contacts
- Bubble management
- Contact list management
- File Sharing
- Automated Inbound/Outboung call activity record in MS Dynamics
- Rainbow Phone Call History
(*) Requires Business, Enterprise or Enterprise conference subscription.
Rainbow CRM Bridge installation pre-requisites:
The list of pre-requisites and configurations required to setup and run Rainbow CRM Bridge application is segmented into 3 broader categories.
1 - Rainbow subscription and PBX configuration:
1.1 Equipment Configuration
- An equipment should be configured with Server Type as OmniPCX Enterprise and 'Activate WebRTC gateway' option should be checked.
- Essential subscription (license) is required for WebRTC audio and video call.
- Essential subscription (license) is required for telephony call with basic functionality i.e. Dial, Answer and hang-up.
- Business Demo subscription (license) is required for call held and retrieve functionality for telephony call.
- Business Demo subscription (license) is required for VOIP user functionality.
- Enterprise Demo subscription (license) is required for conference call.
2 - PABX - Alcatel Lucent OmniPCX Enterprise:
OmniPCX Enterprise firmware version should be v12 or higher.
- CCCAgent application should be setup.
- A SIP trunk should be configured between WebRTC Gateway (VM) and OmniPCX Enterprise.
The virtual machine for WebRTC Gateway can be downloaded from Alcatel Lucent Business portal. Please refer to “TC2462en-Ed06_OXE_configuration_guide_for_Rainbow_PBX_Integration” document for the VM configuration and its integration with OmniPCX Enterprise.
- Remote extensions should be configured in OmniPCX Enterprise for pure VOIP users.
- Remote extensions should be configured and associated with desk phones for Rainbow Nomadic users.
- Licenses are required to create remote extensions in OmniPCX Enterprise.
- SIP trunk licenses are required to create a SIP trunk between OmniPCX Enterprise and WebRTC Gateway (VM).
3 - MS Dynamics:
Rainbow CRM Bridge application works inside MS Dynamics as an integrated component. The Rainbow CRM Bridge application requires an MS Dynamcis Cloud subscription (it is not compliant with On Premise MS Dynamics instances).
Rainbow CRM Bridge application acts as a central hub with different communication channels. One end is communicating with Rainbow Server using Rainbow WebSDK for different business operations and the other end is bridging with Microsoft Dynamics 365 using Channel Integration Framework for different feature set.
4 - Rainbow Connect Subscription:
The Rainbow CRM Bridge will need a Rainbow Connect subscription for MS Dynamics each user that will access the connector proposed functionalities.
The Rainbow Connect subscription can be performed via the Rainbow Administration interface where the service will be proposed. 4 levels of subscription will be proposed:
- Rainbow Connect 1 Month
- Rainbow Connect 1 Year
- Rainbow Connect 3 Year
- Rainbow Connect 5 Year
CRM Bridge Deployment:
Please refer to the Deployment Guide included in this article to perform the installation of the Rainbow CRM Bridge in the customer Cloud MS Dynamics instance:
Don't know what means the reference to CCCAgent on this article...It doesn't should be only for third party integrations?
I think there's some wrong information regarding PBX licenses, both OXO and OXE, and probably Rainbow licensing too.
Please sign in to leave a comment.