- Rainbow CRM Bridge version 3.1.0 for SalesForce has been released December 1.
- It is mandatory to update the APEX Class file for this new version (file is attached to the article)
The Rainbow CTI Cloud connector for Salesforce.com will add real time communication and collaboration capabilities to the Salesforce.com instance by integrating the company telephony system and Salesforce.com.
- Overview -
The Rainbow CTI Cloud connector for Salesforce.com is hosted in ALE Cloud and will interface with the Salesforce.com customer instance as an integrated component. It fetches Rainbow contacts information and provides functionality that majorly includes conversations, automatic display of CRM contact information on incoming calls, dialing out CRM contacts, audio calls and calls history.
- Incomming Call Management -
- Click to Call -
The Rainbow CTI connector will deliver the following features to the Salesforce.com user:
- Contact or Account Screen pop-up (auto search, contact search and display)
- VoIP calling (to PBX extensions, to public phone numbers)*
- Any device (choose and control any phone)*
- ALE Business phone control (with single call management)
- Chat with contacts
- Bubble management
- Contact list management
- Automated Inbound/Outboung call activity record in Salesforce.com
- Rainbow Phone Call History
(*) Requires Business, Enterprise or Enterprise conference subscription.
Rainbow CRM Bridge installation pre-requisites:
The list of pre-requisites and configurations required to setup and run Rainbow CRM Bridge application is segmented into 4 broader categories.
1 - Rainbow subscription and PBX configuration:
1.1 Equipment Configuration
- An equipment should be configured with Server Type as OmniPCX Enterprise or OmniPCX Office Connect. Activation of WebRTC gateway option should be enabled (if this feature is needed).
- Essential subscription (license) is required for WebRTC audio and video call.
- Essential subscription (license) is required for telephony call with basic functionality i.e. Dial, Answer and hang-up.
- Business Demo subscription (license) is required for call held and retrieve functionality for telephony call.
- Business Demo subscription (license) is required for VOIP user functionality.
- Enterprise Demo subscription (license) is required for conference call.
2 - PABX - Alcatel Lucent OmniPCX Enterprise:
OmniPCX Enterprise firmware version should be v12 or higher.
OXO Connect R3.x or higher.
- OmniPCX Enterprise or OmniPCX Office Connect must paired with Rainbow
- A SIP trunk should be configured between WebRTC Gateway (VM) and OmniPCX Enterprise or OmniPCX Office Connect.
- Remote extensions should be configured for pure VOIP users.
- Remote extensions should be configured and associated with desk phones for Rainbow Nomadic users.
- Licenses are required to create remote extensions in OmniPCX Enterprise or OmniPCX Office Connect.
- SIP trunk licenses are required to create a SIP trunk between OmniPCX Enterprise or OmniPCX Office Connect and WebRTC Gateway (VM).
3 - Salesforce.com:
The Rainbow CTI connector works inside Salesforce.com instance as an integrated component. The Rainbow CTI connector application requires an Salesforce.com subscription.
The Rainbow CTI connector application acts as a central hub with different communication channels. One end is communicating with Rainbow Server using Rainbow WebSDK for different business operations and the other end is bridging with Salesforce.com Open CTI link.
4 - The Rainbow CTI connector Subscription:
The Rainbow CTI connector will need a Rainbow Connect subscription for Salesforce.com each user that will access the connector proposed functionalities.
The Rainbow Connect subscription can be performed via the Rainbow Administration interface where the service will be proposed. 4 levels of subscription will be proposed:
- Rainbow Connect 1 Month
- Rainbow Connect 1 Year
- Rainbow Connect 3 Year
- Rainbow Connect 5 Year
The Rainbow CTI connector Deployment:
Please refer to the Deployment Guide included in this article to perform the installation of the Rainbow CRM Bridge in the customer Cloud MS Dynamics instance: