Rainbow users of companies that are also using Google Workspace, can share their Google calendar presence with their Rainbow contacts, so they know that the user is in a meeting or is out-of-office. This Google Workspace coupling also allows the user to easily invite Google contacts to Rainbow.
For this integration to be enabled, the Rainbow application must be whitelisted for your Google Workspace company domain, because Rainbow needs to access a restricted scope of Gmail to retrieve the out-of-office message, that does not allow the Rainbow application to be enabled for any Google user. As stated in Rainbow Terms of Services, Rainbow accesses this scope for the sole purpose of enabling the Gmail out-of-office message exposure, and complies with google API data policy.
ADD GOOGLE CALENDAR
- Log in to your Google Workspace account using your Google admin credentials.
- In the left panel, select "Security" and then "API Controls".
- Click on "Manage Third-Party app access"
- In the new available tab "APPS", choose "Configure new app" and select "OAuth App Name Or Client ID"
- Search for "Rainbow" in the search bar and click the "Rainbow" application name to configure its accessibility.
- Tick all "Rainbow" client IDs, click "Select"
- Configure access rights for Rainbow applications by activating "Trusted" and then click "Configure"
- Rainbow application is now authorized to access restricted Google services. You can verify in the "App access control view".
Please sign in to leave a comment.