The automatic transfer new csv imported Members to Contacts in Rainbow client.Answered
Why isn't possible automatic transfer new imported Members to Contacts list on Rainbow client ?
If it not possible automaticly, after it is possible only by opened Node.JS SDK by commands :
Using administration tools, like NodeJS, you create your company and add members.
As an end-user:
- You don't work with all this members ! So you don't need to have all of them as a Contact.
- When you add (in fact the good term is Invite and not Add) someone in you contact list you also share your presence ! Again you don't want/need to share you presence to all members of your company.
- When you invite someone from your company, the invitation is automatically accepted.
- It's easy to search someone in your company using Contacts.SearchContactsByDisplayName()
- Once found it's easy to invite a contact using Invitations.SendInvitationByContactId()
Please refer to this guide for a more detailed explanation:
Why don’t work with all members, it is normal show thier presence for one Administrator account.
We need this solution from one Administrator of someone company :
- make auto login someone member from company without need personal assistance
- the member has jobTitle – SMSuser
- after auto login of someone member, send from window Instant messaging , SMS message to SMS gw
- after sent the SMS message auto log off of someone member
But I think that the Contact list is only solution for work with member, for your presence possible.
The CSharp we used for cooperation with Dotnet where are so much SDK properties fo development cooperatin with SMS gw solution.
We don’t need make auto login for all members together, only always for someone, which will send SMS message.
The remark :
Two years ago I did import 50 users to Member of our company.
After this import all 50 users, they were see in contact list without any need of invite process.
Therefore we think that after import users to Member in same company, they all must be see also in Contacts.
Thank you for understand.
I will add in next C# SDK Version an "Administration" object to allow same features than "Administration" object from Node JS SDK. So this object will be only usable by User with "administrator" permission.
About you remark:
Two years ago, effectively, users form the same company where automatically invited/added in in the contact list. But we had less companies and less users using Rainbow. And with less members by Company.
It's no more the case today and we had a great majority of queries to prevent to share presence of all members in the same company.
Did you receive my messages on Rainbow (https://web.openrainbow.com/) ? Did you read them ? You have the explanation
My account is firstname.lastname@example.org and NOT my previous email@example.com
I just send you Nuget packages for Alpha test only with Administration service on this other account (on https://web.openrainbow.com/)
You can use "SendInvitationByContactId" from "Invitations" service to add a user in your network.
When doing this with a contact in the same company, he is added automatically in your roster.
Also in next release (1.10.0), you could use "AddUserToOtherUserNetwork" from "Administration" service using UserAdmin to add UserA in UserB network for example
Hi Christophe, pleas I confirmed that command SendInvitationByContactId can move users from members to Contacts right. Only one task about this procedure, after get this command, on the dedicate opened Rainbow client this process generates for each move member shortly time pop-up message about the end of process move. This process can be also managable by SDK properties as not generate this pop-up message ?
Please sign in to leave a comment.