In almost every video conference I've organised the last weeks with Rainbow these things always came up, especially when inviting external non-Rainbow participants or first-time users:
- Every time I have to say that their video cam is turned off by default (which is a good practice), and that they have to turn it on. Question they ask: how do I do that?
- Every time I have to explain that they need to hoover the main screen to find the switches to turn on the cam
- every time I have to say that the switch for muting the sound needs to be white when the function is enabled, by always showing the mic-with-crossing-line icon the perception is that the mic is muted, then they click on it, but THEN the mic is muted. The way icons are displayed is confusing.
>> In my opinion there is a need for some rework on de User Experience side:
- make things clear for new users. show the switches! Maybe below the main screen, instead of hidden in the main screen.
- switches should be visualised with 'switches' to make things clear
Please sign in to leave a comment.