Mobile application displaying "Virtual Nomadic" for all callers (OXO)
We have been using Rainbow for a month now and are pretty happy with it.
But we are experiencing some issues on the Android mobile application. When we get a rainbow call, the caller ID shows the virtual terminal OXO's name with the caller's interne number under.
We are changing the default "Virtual Nomadic", in our OXO, to the corresponding AnyDevice number.
For exemple we renamed the virtual terminal corresponding to the number 1102 to *Nomadic 1102, to keep track of them and so that they aren't displayed in the number directory. We were told that renaming the virtual terminal shouldn't affect anything, and we haven't found an other way to keep track of which virtual terminal match which AnyDevice without renaming.
But then it displays *Nomadic 1102 on the application of that user for any callers.
This behavior seems to be somewhat random as some of our Rainbow users do not experience this.
Most of our users are still using 8232 DECT as we are still in our test phase for Rainbow.
Thank you for your help,
I have heard reports of this with IPhone (there was a patch which resolved this) but I have not heard about this on Android.
It appears the issue could actually be the Android looking at the Contact header sent by the OXO to Rainbow, the name will also be reflected in the WebRTC Communication packets.
You may need to look at updating your Android Phone and Rainbow app.
I would also recommend you get your WebRTC Gateway and OXO updated.
I have tested with my Android phone and in this example I receive the caller name Unknown with the CLI being ****
As you can see my name is sent in the contact header (this is from my Primary set in the OXO) however my Rainbow app ignores this.
I hope this helps
Thank you very much for your replies.
We are using a somewhat recent version for our OXO (188.8.131.52a from january 2020).
For the android application we are using the 1.75.1 which seems to be the latest from the google store.
I removed the spaces in the contact header of the virtual nomadic entries, rebooted the cellphone that has the rainbow app installed and reapplied the WebRTC Gateway on the OXO.
This seems to have done the trick, not sure which combination worked since I had already tried all of these separately.
It now show the correct contact headers from callers and I now have to possibility to put calls on hold/transfer/mute/speaker which I did not have prior to this (the only button available was to end the call).
Have a nice day,
Please sign in to leave a comment.