This article allows resellers to associate a Rainbow Office equipment to a customer company.
The Rainbow Office equipment, associated to WebRTC gateway, offers busniess telephony services to company members:
- Calls between Rainbow users and public network
- Integration of telephone device (IP deskphone or DECT handset) with Rainbow
- Voice mail
- Telephone reception with greetings and opening/closing hours
- Telephone group
Before beginning, you must know the following information:
- Fleet reference and installation reference (for equipment connection to Rainbow)
- Customer dialing information (country, outbound prefix)
- Internal numbering plan
- Numbering rules
Most of these numbering settings are fixed by the target software deployed on the remote Rainbow Office equipment.
The Rainbow Office equipment association can be performed before the real deployment of the equipment in the customer premises. It creates the equipment in Rainbow Cloud and permits to pre-configure the telephone devices and services. After its deployment in customer premises, the configuration of the Rainbow Office equipment must be finalized in Rainbow, if needed.
To associate a Rainbow Office equipment to a customer company:
- From the Rainbow administration interface, click on Customer companies at the bottom of the left panel.
- In the customer list, click on the name of the customer company to associate to the Rainbow Office equipment.
- In the left panel, click on Communication.
- In the right part of the window, click on the Comm. Servers tab.
- Click on Create.
- In the Server name field, enter the name of the Rainbow Office equipment.
- In the Server type field, select Managed OXO Connect.
- If needed, select the Activate WebRTC gateway check box (the WebRTC gateway is used for Rainbow VoIP call handling), read the license agreement, and click on I accept to continue.
- Select the Specify equipment ID and activation code check box, and complete the equipment ID and activation code with the same value: fleet reference-installation reference (for example: ALE12-1234.5678.90 where ALE12 is the fleet reference and 1234.5678.90 is the installation reference).
- Complete the Dialing information:
- Country: Data used for translating national phone numbers into canonical numbers
- Outbound prefix: Prefix used for outgoing calls
- Configure the Numbering plan:
- OXO Target: Country target
- Number of digits: Maximum length of the internal numbering plan
- Prefix: First digit(s) of the internal numbering plan (the prefix always starts with the digit 1)
- Dialing plan: Result of the combination of the number of digits and prefix configured above (read-only field)
Warning: The numbering plan can no longer be modified after the Rainbow Office equipment declaration.
- Click on Next.
- Define the numbering rules applying to outgoing communications from Rainbow (for details, see: How Do I Configure the PBX Numbering Rules ?).
- Click on Create.
A pop-up window opens with the equipment ID and activation code. Click on Close.
The Rainbow Office equipment is created and displayed in the equipment list with the Pending status. Once connected to the Rainbow infrastructure, its status changes to Running.
Note: If the WebRTC gateway has been activated at the equipment declaration, you must complete its configuration in the equipment settings (see: Configuring the WebRTC gateway to a Rainbow Office equipment).
To have a complete view of the Rainbow Office equipment connection status, move the mouse over the target equipment, click on and select Manage connection.
A detailed view of the equipment connection status is displayed.