This article is intended for resellers who wish to associate an OmniPCX Enterprise equipment to a customer company.
To associate an OmniPCX Enterprise to a customer company:
- On Rainbow, declare the OmniPCX Enterprise in the target customer company (see: Declaring the PBX in the customer company).
This will generate an equipment ID and activation code for your OmniPCX Enterprise.
- On the OmniPCX Enterprise, configure the public network parameters, enable the Rainbow agent, and enter the Rainbow connection settings (see: Connecting the OmniPCX Enterprise to Rainbow).
The Rainbow agent, embedded in the OmniPCX Enterprise, is used to establish a permanent secure connection with the Rainbow Cloud infrastructure.
Before beginning, you must know the following:
- Dialing information (country, national prefix, international prefix, outbound prefix)
- Numbering rules
- Connection parameters to the public network:
- In case of direct access: The DNS server IP address
- In case of access via a HTTP proxy (on customer request): The HTTP proxy parameters (IP address or FQDN, credentials, and port)
Declaring the OmniPCX Enterprise in the customer company
- From the Rainbow administration interface, click on Customer companies at the bottom of the left panel.
- In the customer list, click on the name of the customer company to associate to the OmniPCX Enterprise.
- In the left panel, click on Communication.
- In the right part of the window, click on the Comm. Servers tab.
- Click on Create.
- In the Server name field, enter the name of the OmniPCX Enterprise.
- In the Server type field, select OmniPCX Enterprise.
- Select the Activate WebRTC gateway check box (the WebRTC gateway is used for Rainbow VoIP call handling), read the license agreement, and click on I accept to continue.
Note: This operation can also be performed later, when installing and configuring the WebRTC gateway.
- Leave the Specify equipment ID and activation code check box unselected. An equipment ID and activation code will be automatically generated after the OmniPCX Enterprise declaration in the customer company.
- Complete the Dialing information:
Country: This information is used to translate national phone numbers into canonical numbers
National prefix: First digit(s) dialed when calling a subscriber inside the country configured in the Country field
International prefix: First digit(s) dialed when calling a subscriber outside the country configured in the Country field
Outbound prefix: Prefix used for outgoing calls
- Click on Next.
- Define the numbering rules applying to outgoing communications from Rainbow (for details, see: How Do I Configure the PBX Numbering Rules ?).
- Click on Create.
A pop-up window opens with the equipment ID and activation code. Click on Close.
Note: This information will be required when Connecting the OmniPCX Enterprise to Rainbow.
The OmniPCX Enterprise is created and displayed in the equipment list with the Pending status.
Connecting the OmniPCX Enterprise to Rainbow
Configuring network parameters
The DNS server IP address or HTTP proxy settings (if requested by the customer) must be configured on the OmniPCX Enterprise via the netadmin command. They are used when the Rainbow agent, embedded in the OmniPCX Enterprise, connects to the Rainbow Cloud infrastructure.
- Connect to the OmniPCX Enterprise with the root account.
- Run the netadmin -m command.
- If the OmniPCX Enterprise is connected to the public network through an HTTP proxy, select 15. 'Proxy configuration' > 2. 'Create/Update Configuration', and enter successively:
The HTTP proxy IP address or FQDN
The port used to access the HTTP proxy
The credentials (login/password) to access the HTTP proxy
- If the OmniPCX Enterprise is directly connected to the public network, or if the HTTP proxy address is an FQDN, select 14. 'DNS configuration' > 2. 'Create/Update DNS setup', and enter the DNS server IP address:
- If the communication server is duplicated, copy its network parameters to the twin communication server: select 10. Copy setup, then 2. ‘Copy to twin CPU (all).
- From the netadmin -m command (root account), select 11. 'Security' > 2. 'Restricted Ethernet access'.
- If the OmniPCX Enterprise is directly connected to the public network, select 7 'Add domain name', enter the Rainbow domain name, and validate change.
- If the OmniPCX Enterprise is connected to the public network through an HTTP proxy, enter the HTTP proxy IP address or FQDN:
- For IP address: select 3 'Add/Update a trusted host' > 1. Router, SIP gateway, other applications, enter the HTTP proxy IP address, and validate change.
- For FQDN: select 7 'Add domain name', enter the HTTP proxy FQDN, and validate change.
Configuring the Rainbow connection settings
Before beginning, make sure you have the equipment ID and activation code generated on Rainbow for your OmniPCX Enterprise. You can get it from the equipment list on Rainbow: Select the OmniPCX Enterprise, and click on the Connection tab:
The copy/paste operation can be used to enter these connection settings in the following procedure.
- Open the OmniPCX Enterprise configuration tool with the mtcl credentials (login and password).
- From the configuration tool (for example: OXE WBM), select Rainbow.
- In the Enable Rainbow Agent field, select YES.
- Leave the Rainbow domain field to its default value: openrainbow.com.
- In the Rainbow PBXID field, enter the target equipment ID.
- In the Activation code field, enter the target activation code.
- In the Phone-book sent to Rainbow, select YES to send the OmniPCX Enterprise directory to Rainbow.
- Enter the activation code again.
- Validate the changes.
Once the OmniPCX Enterprise connected to Rainbow, the connection status changes to Connected in the OmniPCX Enterprise configuration tool (for example: OXE WBM):
In the equipment list of the customer company in Rainbow, the OmniPCX Enterprise connection status changes to Running. To have a complete view of the connection status, click on the OmniPCX Enterprise, and click on the Connection tab:
Inicie sesión para dejar un comentario.