CTI and Media Bridge connector for non-ALE PBX (formerly called CCC Agent) can now be connected to a Rainbow WebRTC gateway enabling calls between Rainbow UCAAS clients and PBX devices, as well as PSTN access through customer's PBX.
The list of supported PBX, versions and devices are listed into following article:
What are Hardware & Software Specification for Third Party PBX?
CTI & Media Bridge connector must be installed on a dedicated VM or PC on customer premises.
You will find a specific article for each PBX that explains the installation procedure and prerequisites in Third Party Equipments (PBX) section:
Rainbow CTI & Media Bridge softwares are available for download from ALE My Portal website:
To benefit from "Computer - Internet calls" mode, a WebRTC gateway must be installed on customer premises.
The gateway software is available for download from ALE MyPortal website:
For more information on WebRTC gateway installation and prerequisites, refer to this article:
Don't hesitate to look at the articles in our WebRTC gateway section:
- An Enterprise profile is requested to activate Computer - Internet calls mode when using third party PBX connectors
- A Business or Enterprise profile is requested for Office Phone mode (also called CTI mode, remote call control of deskphone)
Supported PBX and telephony functionalities:
The list of supported PBX and telephony features as well as restrictions are regularly updated in Rainbow UCAAS feature list document:
Today we offer following features:
1. Single call
3. Second call management with back and forth
4. Transfert (in conversation and blind)
5. 3 party conference
Voicemail management and call forwarding are not supported.
When a Rainbow user is associated with a PBX extension, he can choose between 2 call routing profiles:
- Office Phone mode: the calls are placed on the deskphone. Rainbow desktop or web applications are used to remotely control user's deskphone
- Computer mode (Internet calls): Softphone mode. The calls are done from Rainbow applications and go through the PBX. Rainbow users can place or receive calls to/from PBX extensions or external PSTN.
Note that "Other Phone" mode which can be selected in front of ALE OXE or OXO PBX is not supported in case of third party PBX.
For deeper information on the way to route calls with Rainbow, you can have a look at this article: