Basically the traffic between your LAN and Rainbow server only requires outgoing flows towards :
- TLS 443 to Rainbow Server and possibly for iOS notifications (APNS),
- UDP 3478 to Rainbow Turn Servers for audio/video calls
- TCP/5228-5229-5230 for Android notifications (FCM) for Rainbow Room and pure WiFi smartphone.
Note : In case domain white-listing is implemented on the LAN, all traffic towards Rainbow server is at destination of Rainbow domains *.openrainbow.com
Depending on the Rainbow services you are using, it is possible to optimize the opening and closing of ports.
Chapter 3.2 of the new edition 23 "Network Requirements" attachment gives you a quick look at the basic outbound flow information needed for Rainbow to function properly; Chapter :
- 3.2.1 describes the flows for using Rainbow in collaboration mode (Rainbow Collaboration offering)
- 3.2.2 describes the flows for using Rainbow in hybrid telephony mode with an on-site PBX (Rainbow Hybrid Offering)
- 3.2.3 describes the flows for using Rainbow in Cloud Telephony mode (Rainbow Hub Offering)