This document describes how to deploy the Rainbow Desktop application on Windows via an MSI file on multiple machines by using Microsoft Active Directory (AD) Group Policy Objects (GPO). The Rainbow software will be assigned per-user, i.e. it will be installed when the user logs on.
Note: Updates will automatically be performed even if users don’t have administration privileges on their machine. To avoid this behavior, you'll find all information to perform an installation without automatic update in the article Installation options for Rainbow Desktop Client and Rainbow Smart-app for Microsoft Teams.
- Deploy or install Microsoft prerequisites via GPO
- Distribution point
- Deployment of Visual Studio Tools for Office 2010
- Deployment of Visual C++ 2015 runtime
- Deployment of .Net 4.5 Framework
- Rainbow Desktop app MSI deployment
- Create a distribution point
- Create a Group Policy Object
- Assign the MSI package
- Remove the package
- Force client policy update
- Check the policy status on a user machine
- Activate MSI logging