This article allows resellers to configure hunt groups of company members or attendants in a Cloud PBX.
Configuration operations of hunt groups are performed from the hunt group management window of the company: see: Accessing the hunt group management window.
Company members cannot be mixed with attendants in a hunt group. A hunt group can only include a user type: company members or attendants.
Hunt group configuration for company members and attendants is very similar. In the following sections, all mentions to company members apply to attendants, unless specified otherwise.
A hunt group is defined by a name, an internal extension number, and optionally, a public number.
Hunt group calls are distributed to the company members of the hunt group according to the type of search selected for the hunt group:
- Parallel search: all free members in the hunt group are called at the same time.
- Serial search: the search always starts with the first member in the hunt group, and continues with other members in the order in which they are listed in the hunt group.
- Circular search: the search starts with the member immediately after the one that just took the last hunt group call, and continues with other members in the order in which they are listed in the hunt group.
The call distribution in a hunt group of attendants uses only the parallel search: all free attendants in the hunt group are called a the same time.
After hunt group creation, you can:
- Modify the role of members in the hunt group. By default, all members are created with agent role (i.e. no management rights), and can be granted with manager role to manage the public number of hunt group and destination of call overflow: see: Modifying a hunt group
- Manage the destination of call overflow on busy and on no answer. The destination of the call overflow can be a member, another hunt group, an internal or public number, an Automated Attendant or voice mail: see: Modifying a hunt group
- Authorize/forbid the last member to withdraw from the hunt group. When forbidden, the last member is warned he/she cannot withdraw from the hunt group: see: Modifying a hunt group
- Configure call recording for the hunt group: see: Modifying a hunt group
Upload customized voice prompts for busy and unavailable states: see: Customizing voice prompts for a hunt group
Warning: The default voice prompts cannot be downloaded for archive. After customization, it is no more possible to switch back to the default voice prompts.
Accessing the hunt group management window
- From the Rainbow administration interface, click on Customer companies at the bottom of the left panel.
- In the customer list, click on the name of the customer company associated to the target Cloud PBX.
- In the left panel, click on Communication.
- In the right part of the window, click on the Groups tab.
Creating a hunt group
- From the hunt group management window, click on Create.
- In the Name field, enter the name of the hunt group.
- In the Type field, select Hunt group.
- In the Subtype field, select:
- Regular: to create a hunt group of company members
- Attendant: to create a hunt group of attendants
- If Regular is selected, in the Distribution field, select the type of search to apply to the hunt group for call distribution (Parallel, Serial, or Circular).
- If the selected type of search is Serial or Circular, you can configure the timer for overflow to another member of the group (10 seconds by default).
- In the Internal number field, select the internal extension number of the hunt group among listed available numbers.
- In the Public number field, select the public number of the hunt group among listed available public numbers.
- If needed, select the Emergency group check box.
Note: This option is only available if no emergency group has been previously created.
- If needed, select the Lock the last member (no empty group) check box to forbid the last member to withdraw from the hunt group.
- Click on Next.
- Add the members one by one in the corresponding field, and click on Add this member.
To add a member to the hunt group, enter the first letters of his/her name or email address. A list of matching entries appears allowing you to select the member of your choice.
- Click on Apply.
The hunt group is created and displayed in the group list.
Modifying a hunt group
- From the hunt group management window, click on the target hunt group and select the Members tab.
- Perform any of the following:
- To grant a member the right to manage group settings (destination of call overflow and public number of hunt group): move your mouse over the target member, click on , and select Add manager role.
- To order members in a hunt group (only hunt groups with serial or circular search): click on the target member and use the up and down arrows to order the member in the hunt group.
- To remove a member: Move your mouse over the target member, click on , and select Remove member.
- To add a member: enter the first letters of the member name or email address and select the member of your choice in the list of matching entries, and click on Add this member.
- Select the Information tab.
- In the call recording field, select the calls that will be recorded: All calls, External calls only, or Internal calls only, or select None to disable call recording for the hunt group.
- Select/unselect Lock the last member (no empty group).
- Configure the destination type of call overflow on busy and no answer.
Note: In case of member selection, only members configured with an extension number can be selected as destination of the call overflow.
- Click on Apply.
Example of hunt group configuration:
Customizing voice prompts for a hunt group
- From the hunt group management window, click on the target hunt group and select the Voicemail prompts tab.
- From the voice prompt configuration panel, click on Browse and select the wav file to upload.
- In the Voice prompt field, select the voice prompt type.
- Click on Upload.
The customized voice prompt is displayed in the list. Its type is Customized and its status is active ().
Deleting a hunt group
- From the hunt group management window, move your mouse over the target hunt group, click on , and select Remove group.
- Click on Remove.
The hunt group is deleted from the group list.
Por favor, entre para comentar.