What is a take over?
For different reason it can be necessary to transfer the management of one or several End Customers (EC) from one BP to another BP.
This can be an EC managed by a Reseller (IR) behind a Distributor (VAD) or an EC managed by a Direct Reseller (DR).
It can also consist of moving an IR with all his EC from one VAD to another VAD. But other moves are possible e.g. an EC behind an IR to be attached to a DR, etc...
What do we need for the Take over Request?
First of all we need a written agreement of all parties involved:
- EC agreement or request to be managed by another BP.
- Current BP agreement to transfer the management of the EC to another BP.
- New BP agreement to manage the EC.
In case of moving an IR from one VAD to another we need:
- IR agreement or request to be managed by another VAD.
- Current VAD agreement accepting the transfer of the IR with all his EC
- New VAD agreement to manage the IR with all his EC.
How it works:
- Customer Care team: adds the same amount of custom licenses as those used by the company
- Current BP or EC Admin: allocate custom licenses to users to free up existing subscriptions
- Customer Care team: terminates the current subscriptions and moves the company
- New BP: subscribes for the customer exactly the same licenses as before the move
- New BP or EC Admin: allocates new subscribed licenses to users to free up custom licenses
- Customer Care team: removes custom licenses
- Customer Care team: in case of prepaid licenses, end date of new subscribed licenses is modified to match the previous end date of the subscription the customer had before the move. A discount is generated on the next Rainbow invoice for these subscriptions so that the new BP is not charged for the take over.