Show and Control OXE/OXO Hunting Groups
In our Rainbow-Solution there are some CTI-Features missing, the competitiors already have and disable us today to take part in several submissions or disqualifiy us in a normal offer competition.
One of them is the hunting Group:
We need to implement the following features in Rainbow:
- Show the gourp i am logged in with every member, which is logged in too in Rainbow.
- Show incoming call for the group i am logged in by popup, if the call is signalized at my deskphone
- Pickup the call when it is signalizied at my deskphone using Rainbow
+ by klick in the popup
+ by klick e.g. on my icon in the group
- route the call to the device i selected in Rainbow (Deskphone, Rainbow-Client using WEBRTC-Gateway and if possible Smartphone-Client)
- Feature has to be implemented in every Client (Windows-App, Android, iOS and Web)
- Show incoming call in the call log
- Show in the call log if the user was busy, didn´t recieve the call or get the call
Hi Support, i suggested this feature in June this year, but didn´t heard or read any feedback about it, exept the comment of Brian, which tells me nothing about ...
Is it possible to develop it ?
When could it be developed ?
In the meantime there are 35 vots and 27 folowwers, who are interesting to getting news.
Please provide some informations about the status.
For those who would not be aware, this is what we use as a temporary workaround:
Add the “AnyDevice” of the Rainbow client to the Hunting Group and dial 797 + Hunting Group Number (e.g. 797520) to login to the group or dial 796 + Hunting Group Number (e.g. 796520) to logout from the group.
By doing this you cannot control the in/out group status of the linded deskphone, but at least you can control the in/out group the Rainbow client.
Of course, as long as the deskphone (linked as a main set to the AnyDevice) is logged in, the Rainbow client will always receive the calls. So, always logout the deskphone when leaving the office.
As many, I hope that some day Alcatel-Lucent will come up with a better solution.
It is indeed not user friendly.
You have to remember the codes and group numbers and mistakes are easily made.
I'm fairly new to Rainbow and I didn't found a way to create speed dials for it, like you can do in PIMphony.
You also cannot check your actual status. (logged in / logged out)
But you do get a short beep as an acknowledgment when you login/logout.
Multiple beeps (like a busy signal) and an error message (in the Windows App) if you try to login into a hunting group to which your AnyDevice does not belong, or if you try to login when you're already logged in.
It also seems to work with Rainbow clients (or AnyDevices) that are a twinset with (or secondary set of) a deskphone. At least in our setup.
Thus far from ideal, but for us unfortunately and hopefully temporary the only the only way to deploy it.
Please sign in to leave a comment.